The following ingredients must be contained in your teff recipe:
4 garlic cloves, 50g cheddar cheese, 1 branch cilantro, 1 head escarole, 1 lime, 1 jalapeno, 1 poblano pepper, 1 red onion, 50g teff grains, ½ tsp grained cilantro, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 1 can white beans, 1 can tomatoes cubed and 220 ml broth, gluten free or normal.
- Wash and dry fresh ingredients. Peel and chop the garlic, and chop the cilantro and escarole. Chop the onion and the poblano pepper in cubes (take out the seeds from the poblano). Then cut half of the jalapenos into small rings, the other half into cubes. Make sure you wash your hands carefully after you’ve chopped poblano and jalapenos! Then grate the cheddar cheese.
- Now you need to fry some stuff... Heat up some olive oil in a saucepan on medium heat and add onion, poblano pepper and cubes jalapenos. Fry ingredients for about 4-6 minutes. Add salt and pepper for desired flavor.
- When all the ingredients are nice and tender, add in the teff grains, cilantro and cumin seeds and cook everything together for another minute.
- Drain the white beans in a strainer, and then add them to the mix in the saucepan. Now it’s time to add the tomatoes and broth. Your dish should cook for about 3-4 minutes – add salt and pepper for desired flavor.
- Add the escarole and half of the chopped cilantro. Reduce heat and let it simmer for 5-6 minutes. Then turn off the cooker and add half of the lime juice. Stir your dish so everything is nicely mixed. You’re almost done...
- Fill your teff chili into bowls and add garnish with cheddar cheese. Top it off with some jalapeno rings and the rest of the cilantro.