Ingredients you need for your teff crêpes:
80g teff flour, ⅛ tsp salt, 110ml whole milk, 1 large egg and 1 tbsp butter (melted).
Ingredients for the filling:
1 tbsp virgin olive oil, 220g mushrooms sliced, 400g cooked spinach, salt, fresh grained black pepper and then ricotta, feta or parmesan cheese.
Preparation your teff recipe:
- For the crêpes, pour teff flour and salt in a medium sized bowl and mix together.
- Take a second bowl and add milk, egg and melted butter. Now combine the wet ingredients into the flour mix until the batter is nice and smooth. Put a towel over the bowl and set aside.
- Now it’s time for the filling: Put some olive oil in a saucepan and heat it up on medium heat. Add mushrooms and fry for 5 minutes until they are soft and tender. Now add in the spinach. Fry for another minute (add salt and pepper for extra flavor). Put the saucepan aside and keep it warm.
- Now get another saucepan, heat it up and add about 75ml of the crêpes batter. Let the crêpes bake for 1 minute with the lid on the saucepan.
- When the crêpe batter has cooked, add the spinach and mushrooms mix on top, and fold as desired them.