Ingredients for this traditional teff recipe:
2 medium sized onions finely chopped, 2 shallots finely chopped, 120ml peanut oil, 6 garlic cloves chopped, 1 tbsp fresh ginger finely chopped, ½ tsp paprika spice, ¼ tsp cinnamon, ¼ tsp cardamom, ¼ tsp ground cloves, ¼ tsp caraway seeds, ¼ tsp cilantro, grounded, 1 large carrot finely chopped, 1 tsp tomato paste, 120ml water, ½ zucchini chopped into cubes, ½ cabbage chopped, 1-2 small jalapenos, 8 small potatoes chopped into cubes, 200g green beans chopped into small pieces, 1 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp sea salt, ¼ tsp black pepper and 5-6 hard boiled eggs.
- Heat up some oil in a medium sized saucepan and add onions and scallions.
- Add the peanut oil and throw in the garlic, ginger, paprika spice, cinnamon, cardamom, ground cloves, caraway seeds and cilantro. Fry everything for about 1 minute. Add carrot and boil for a further 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and 120ml water to the mix, and cook until the texture is thick.
- Add the zucchini, cabbage, potatoes, jalapenos, green beans, turmeric and 60ml of water. Put a lid over saucepan and cook everything on middle heat for 15-20 minutes, or until all the vegetables are nice and tender. Stir well.
- Finally add the boiled eggs and stir them into the dish.