Ingredients for this delightful teff recipe:
360ml unsalted chicken stock, 360ml low-fat milk, 160g teff grains, ½ tsp sea salt, 55g crumbled gorgonzola, 60ml low-fat Crème fraîche, ¼ tsp black pepper, 80g cherry tomatoes and fresh thyme.
- Pour chicken stock and milk into a medium sized saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Now stir in teff grains and salt. Do this carefully, because you don’t want the teff to grain up!
- Put a lid on the saucepan, reduce the heat a little, and let it simmer for about 20 minutes until the ingredients have soaked up all the liquid. Stir often.
- Turn off cooker and mix in the crumbled gorgonzola. Add Crème fraîche and stir again. Finally add teff mix into a bowl.
- Clean the saucepan you just used with a paper towel, and and heat up some oil in it. When the oil is hot, add cherry tomatoes and fresh thyme. Fry ingredients until tomatoes look roasted and glazed. Turn of the cooker.
- Now the time has come to serve your dish! Pour the gorgonzola teff into bowls, add the cherry tomatoes on top, and sprinkle some of the fresh thyme over it.