Ingredients you need for this teff recipe:
720ml water, ½ tsp fine sea salt, 160g teff grains, 25g parmesan, shredded, 1 tbsp virgin olive oil, 1 onion finely chopped, 2 garlic cloves finely chopped, 1 tin tomatoes and 220g mushrooms thinly chopped.
Preparation your teff recipe:
- Put water into a medium sized saucepan and heat it up.
- Slowly stir in teff flour. Reduce heat and cook until the teff grains have soaked up the water completely (this takes about 20 minutes).
- After you’ve added the parmesan and the polenta has cooled down, take another saucepan and heat up some olive oil. Add chopped onions and garlic and fry until ingredients are glazed.
- Add in the tomatoes and mushrooms and fry until you get a nice texture. This takes about 10 minutes – and don’t forget to stir every now and then.
- Finally your tomato mushroom mix is ready to go over the teff polenta.