You need the following ingredients for your teff recipe:
160g teff grains, 700ml boiling water, 1 tbsp butter or margarine, ½ tsp ground cloves, 50g chopped dates, ¼ tsp sea salt, 1 tbsp honey and 60g finely chopped walnuts or pecan nuts.
- Bring 700ml of water to the boil.
- Roast teff grains in a saucepan while constantly stirring, so they don’t burn. Roast until you have a nice aroma.
- Slowly add boiling water, butter and cloves. Stir often and cook for about 10 minutes with lid on the pan.
- Next, add dates, salt and honey and cook until the teff porridge has the desired texture. If necessary, add some water again to keep it moist.
- When porridge is done, put aside to cool down.
- Serve your dish into a bowl and add some extra honey and chopped nuts on top.