It is a little more effort to prepare this meal, but this teff recipe will not disappoint you. Take your time and have a read through of the recipe in advance and then start the cooking. You will enjoy it much more this way and it will be stress-free.
120g teff flour, 120g almond flour, ½ tsp fine sea salt, freshly ground black pepper, 1 tbsp provencal herbs, 80ml virgin olive oil, 60ml sparkling water and 100g humus.
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Mix teff flour, almond flour, salt, pepper, and provencal herbs into a bowl.
- In a second small sized bowl, mix olive oil and sparkling water until you get a creamy texture.
- Then pour the oil and water mix on top of the flour mix, and stir the ingredients with a fork for at least 1 minute, so there’s no more dry flour.
- The dough won’t be a classic dough, it will be crumbly and that’s exactly what we want to achieve!
- Now put half of the dough into a non-greased tart pan and press it lightly against the tin. Don’t forget the walls and edges of the tin. Everything has to be covered with the dough.
- Bake the tart for about 12 minutes. It might appear some flaws, but that’s okay.
- When the tart is done, take it out of the oven and let it cool down.
60ml virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp lemon juice fresh, ½ tsp fine sea salt, freshly crushed black pepper, 1 garlic clove, 1 tsp provencal herbs, 1 mid sized red onion, 1 mid sized zucchini cut in slices, 1 mid sized summer squash cut in slices and 1 small eggplant cut in slices.
- Heat up a grill pan to medium heat, and pour in plenty of olive oil.
- Now add olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper, garlic, and provencal herbs together into a large bowl and mix well.
- Then fill in the vegetable pieces and stir everything until all the ingredients are covered with the oil mix.
- Now put the vegetable pieces into the grill pan, and grill them until they are golden brown. This should take about 1-2 minutes. Following this, your turn the vegetables upside down and repeat the procedure once again.
- Take the grill pan off the cooker and put aside. Keep it warm!
Arranging the vegetable tart:
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Spread 100g hummus over the bottom of the tart evenly.
- Cut the grilled onions into small pieces and spread them on your humus layer.
- Spread the vegetables over the onions. Make sure that every vegetable piece is placed edge over edge, so you get a perfect coat for your tart.
- Following this, ripple some lemon zest on the tart and put it into the oven for about 8-10 minutes.
- Take the tart out of the oven and let it cool down.
- When it’s cooled down, cut into slices, and serve it on a large plate.