Ingredients for this teff recipe:
180g teff flour, 60g teff grains, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp baking soda, ½ tsp baking powder, ½ tsp cinnamon, 110g sugar, 5 tbsp butter softened, 1 large egg whipped, 2 mid sized ripe bananas, ½ tsp vanilla extract, 60ml water and 200g bittersweet chocolate chips.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Put teff flour and teff grains into a bowl and stir carefully.
- Add salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon to the teff mix and whisk all ingredients.
- Put sugar and butter into a large bowl and mix well. After, add the egg and keep mixing until the mix has a nice smooth texture. Now add in bananas and vanilla extract. Then add the water to the mix. Stir well.
- Now pour the mixture into a medium sized loaf tin, put the tin into the oven and bake for about 50 minutes. Test your banana bread by inserting a toothpick into the center (if it comes out clean – it’s ready!).
- Take your banana bread out of the oven and let it cool down. When it’s cooled down, carefully take it out of the loaf tin and cut into thin slices.