For your teff recipe you need the following ingredients:
2 tbsp sesame oil, 3 scallions finely chopped, ¼ tsp sea salt, 2 garlic cloves chopped, 1 tsp thyme chopped, 700ml water, 120g teff grains and extra ingredients to garnish your burger the way you like it.
- Put sesame oil, teff grains, water, thyme, garlic and sea salt into a medium sized saucepan and bring it to the boil.
- Now put a lid on the saucepan and cook ingredients for about 15 minutes. Stir every now and then.
- When the teff mix has cooked enough, pour into a large bowl and let it cool down.
- When the teff mix has cooled down, you can shape about 6 equal sized patties. Wet your hands with some water so the mix will not stick to your hands while you’re shaping the patties.
- When you’ve shaped all the patties, pour some oil in a saucepan and heat it up. Now put in the patties and fry them on both sides until they’re golden brown.
- Take the patties out of the pan and put them on a large plate.
- Take a bun of your choice, cut it in half and put in the patty.