Ingredients for the teff recipe:
720ml water, 300g thinly sliced sweet potatoes, 220g teff flour, ½ tsp sea salt (for taste), 1 tsp virgin olive oil, 250g chopped leeks, 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 250g chopped cabbage, 60g chopped basil and 45g chopped cilantro.
- Put sweet potatoes, teff flour and salt into a large pot and heat up until boiling point. Reduce heat and cook for about 20 minutes with lid covering the pot.
- While the teff mix is cooking, heat up a medium sized saucepan and add oil, leeks, fennel and cumin seeds. Fry ingredients until tender. Now add in the chopped cabbage and cook until the cabbage turns light green.
- Add fried vegetables to teff mix and fry everything for another couple minutes until there is no more liquid in the pan.
- Turn cooker off and stir in basil and cilantro. If you wish, you can season the dish now.
- Spoon the dough into a medium sized loaf tin and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
- Finally, take the loaf out of the tin and cut to slices - and you’re done.